This is a very quick and simple recipe. Jake and I are obsessed and I just had to share.
You will need:
- 1 cup of uncooked rice (I use brown)- cooked according to package directions
- 1 medium white onion- chopped
- 6-8 large mushrooms- sliced (you can also mix and match different kinds if you want to get fancy)
- fresh ginger- grated (I use a lot because I love ginger but use as much as you desire)
- soya sauce
- shrachi sauce
- fish Sauce (optional, if vegan or vegetarian)
- powdered ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1- 1/2 avocados- cubed
- cilantro or green onion (optional- I had none on hand tonight)
Cook rice according to package directions and set aside.
Heat some olive oil (or cooking oil of choice) in a pan. Add onions and fry until soft. Add mushrooms and fry until cooked through. Turn heat to a low temperature and add the rice. Add the fresh ginger, soya sauce (as much as desired), shrachi (I like it spicy, but again that's up to you), fish sauce (a few dashes) and powdered ginger.
To add the fried eggs, I start them off in a separate pan. I find this helps to avoid clumping. Crack the eggs into a a pan and cook on one side. Break the yolk and chop egg into pieces with your spatula. Add the half cooked eggs into the rice mixture. Mix immediately to avoid clumping. The heat of the rice will cook the rest of the egg.
Add avocado right before it's ready to be served. Garnish with cilantro or green onion.